Monday, April 9, 2007

At the Vista




One thing I didn't mention about Grindhouse was that my first viewing was the first show on Friday at the Vista. It's a true rarity in this day and age: a neighborhood movie house. One screen, independently run with an Egypt-motif running through the whole place. The picture and sound are always just great and the seats offer more leg room than you've ever seen. There aren't too many trailers before the movie and no real ads except for maybe one for Moviefone. Best of all, I can just walk there. It's a terrific place to go to the movies and ideal for something as old-school as Grindhouse. If you're reading this and you live anywhere nearby...just go there. You won't be sorry.

Quentin Tarantino is also a big fan of the place; back when Kill Bill Vol. 1 ran there, he kept the Pussy Wagon parked out in front.

This has nothing to do with anything, but shortly before I wrote this I spotted Keifer Sutherland at a nearby outdoor cafe. In short, I love this town.

No comments: