Tuesday, April 3, 2007

First Thoughts

I'm still trying to figure out what I want this to be. Right now I plan on using this to put down various thoughts on films, writing and other things. How personal I'll get, I don't know right now. We'll see.

As for why this is called Mr. Peel's Sardine Liqueur: My first name is Peter and for the purposes of this blog my last name will be Peel, so then it stands to reason that I must be the husband of Mrs. Emma Peel, the secret agent played by Diana Rigg on the Avengers. Rigg went on to play the female lead in the 1969 Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service and may be the very best Bond Girl of them all.

Sardine Liqueur is a drink served by Peter Falk to Alan Arkin in the 1986 comedy Big Trouble. It's a film with a troubled history though the scene involving the beverage is one of the few things people seem to remember about the movie. More on Big Trouble at another time. For now, onward.

No comments: